Paul is an Associate Professor of Bioinformatics at the University of Otago. His research interests include non-coding RNAs, bioinformatics, genome annotation and the analysis of genome variation. Paul is a sporadic Wikipedian, Blogger and Tweeter. Much of his lecture material is freely available. He is the Assistant Editor in Chief for RNA Biology.
Meet the Team
Dr Sasha Gavryushkina
Sasha is a postdoctoral fellow funded by Bio-Protection Research Centre. She works on developing methods for genotype phenotype association studies applied to classify pathogenic bacterial strains. She has a PhD degree in Computational biology from University of Auckland. She has previously worked on phylogenetic methods applied in epidemiology and macroevolution.
Dr Chun Shen Lim
Lim has a PhD in Biochemistry at the University of Otago. He is carrying on research into gene expression optimisation and modelling biomolecular interactions.
Dr Astra Heywood
Astra has a PhD in Biochemistry from the University of Otago. She is carrying out research into genotype-phenotype associations in pathogenic bacteria.
Helena is assessing a variety of genomic features (conservation, expression, population variation, ...) to examine the relationship between these and gene functionality.
- Stinus Lindgreen - Researcher and Politician
- Lars Barquist - Group Leader, Institute for Molecular Infection Biology, University of Würzburg
- Nellie Sibaeva - Mother, Researcher Extraordinaire
- Sinan Uğur Umu - Postdoctoral Fellow, Cancer Registry of Norway, Oslo
- Nicole Wheeler - Data Scientist, Wellcome Sanger Institute
- Dorien Coray - Post Doctoral Fellow, the Biomolecular Interaction Centre, University of Canterbury
- Fatemeh Ashari Ghomi, Postdoc, DTU, Lyngby, Denmark
- Stephanie McGimpsey, Woolf Fisher Trust Scholar, PhD Student, Cambridge University & the Wellcome Sanger Institute
- Helena Cooper
- Bethany Jose